Learn more about our pet surgery services below.
Pet Surgery in Jenison, MI
Our pet surgery services meet a wide variety of health needs in dogs and cats.
From elective surgical procedures to emergency surgeries, we make it our mission to provide excellent care in every situation. Whether your pet is coming to us to be spayed or neutered or have a mass removed, they will be treated with the compassion and patience they deserve in an environment designed around their needs. Our goal is to make every pet surgery as stress-free as possible for patients and their families. Call our veterinarians at (616) 669-0501 to learn more.
Keeping Your Pet Safe Before, During, and After Surgery
A common concern for most pet parents is the safety of their companions. While every surgery has the possibility of complications, at Chicago Drive Veterinary Clinic, you can be assured that we do all we can to reduce their probability, including:
- Performing a physical exam and blood testing prior to surgery to lower anesthesia risks.
- Carefully monitoring all of your pet’s vital signs with high-end monitoring equipment and an experienced veterinary technician at your pet’s side through the entire procedure.
- Keeping your pet warm with soft blankets and warm air circulation to prevent hypothermia.
- Watching over your pet as they gradually awaken from anesthesia.
- Providing them with the appropriate pain medication before, during, and after their surgery.
Spay and Neuter
Skin Tag Removal
Thyroid Gland Removal
Foreign Body Removal
Abdominal Exploratory Surgery
Bladder Stone Surgery
Ensuring a Healthy Recovery for Your Pet
Pain can slow a pet’s recovery or even cause other health problems. We’ll send you home with additional pain medications to give your pet so they can recover at home as comfortably as possible. We will also provide you with a handout of instructions to help you manage your pet’s daily needs for the duration of their recovery period. This includes keeping activity to a minimum, monitoring the surgical site, and administering any additional medications provided.
As always, you can contact us directly at (616) 669-0501 if you have any questions or concerns. We’re more than happy to help you!